Most people are surprised to find out that the first stress placed on a child’s neck and back is during the birthing process. An estimated 60-90 lbs. of force is used on an infant’s neck during “normal” delivery. Do you think this could cause damage to your child’s spine and nervous system? Fact: The nervous system controls every cell and organ (heart, lungs, brain, stomach) in your body. Equally surprising is the fact that 26% of children surveyed at school reported a history of back pain.
Have you watched your child play outside or with their friends? They run, jump, fall, roll, and tackle every day. Many adults that come to a chiropractor’s office show evidence of childhood injuries that can be the cause for their pain today. Do you think it is too early to teach your kids to take care of their teeth? When do you think it is a good time to have your child’s spine checked for serious signs of spinal imbalances or misalignments?
Fortunately, Chiropractic has had many positive results in children with common childhood problems. Problems like headache, scoliosis, asthma, colic, ear infections, asthma, and even some cases of behavioral problems respond well with chiropractic care. In fact, a recent study showed that children under chiropractic care suffered fewer ear infections than those whose parent took them to medical care alone.
Are chiropractic adjustments safe for children? Absolutely! Because a child’s skeletal system is still developing, only light pressure is needed to adjust a child’s spine. The few minutes you invest in your child’s spinal checkup may save them needless suffering now and in the future.
Just as it is important that you have your children’s teeth checked by a dentist, it is also important to have their spine checked regularly for proper development. Use the following list to check for spinal imbalances:
- Have your child bend over with arms dangling forward. When you run your hand over his or her spine, does it curve from side to side?
- Look at your child from the rear, does one shoulder blade stick out or appear to be higher than the other?
- When looking at your child from the rear, is one ear higher than the other
- Does your child’s back appear to be humped or rounded?
- Do your child’s clothes fit properly; are hems and waistbands of skirts or pants even?
These “home evaluations” are just a few indicators why your child may need chiropractic care.
- When your baby is lying on his/her back, does his/her head seem to tilt to one side?
- Does your baby prefer breastfeeding on one side?
- Does your baby arch his/her back while crying?
- Is your baby slow to develop adequate neck strength to hold his/her head up?
- An estimated 60-90 lbs. of force is used on an infant’s neck during “normal” delivery.Do you think this could cause damage to your child’s spine and nervous system?
I adjust infants and kids daily at the office, and it’s absolutely amazing! Chiropractic allows the body to heal and regulate as it was made to do, it’s all natural health care! Chiropractic adjustments allow kids to be kids, it allows them to live life with less restrictions. Life is simply better when you are able to live it at 100%, you can do that with chiropractic!
Walk in Excellence, Comfort, and Conviction with a Total Spirit of Love.